Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Are All Spinal Fusions Necessary?

Are All Spinal Fusions Necessary?

I hear at least once a week, "the doctor said if I don't have this surgery, I will end up paralyzed!" I always reply, "When I was 25, I had a nationally-known neurosurgeon tell me the exact same thing". I had been in a car accident and suffered a lumbar spine injury. An MRI showed three bulging discs from L3/4-L5/S1. A very prominent SW Michigan neurosurgeon told me if I didn't have surgical fusion, by the time I was 30 I would be in a wheelchair. My concern even though I knew nothing about the human body was suffering a great loss of motion. He informed me I probably wouldn't be able to bend over and tie my shoes ever again so I would have to wear slip on shoes for the rest of my life. I went to a Doctor of Chiropractic with all the...Read More
Amplifeied

No comments:

Post a Comment