Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Funny Story

It never amazes me how little the public understands what I do and how Chiropractic WORKS!  I had a new patient yesterday come to me with KILLER neck pain.  After doing a chiropractic assessment I had found some subluxations in her neck and low back.  She told me other Chiropractors have had a very difficult time adjusting her because she cannot relax (these are my favorite people!).  So without problem I made the adjustment freeing her nervous system to express itself! She stated she immediately felt better.  Now the Story begins.  She had a date that night.  So happy that she was moving without pain (something she had not done for days) she shared with her date that she met an amazing Chiropractor (her words) that adjusted her today and allowed her to be on this date (first date mind you) pain free!  His response......  Chiropractic is bad for you! All if does is release toxins into the body which intern releases endorphin's that make you feel better, but the endorphin's do not last and that is why you have to go back!  (0_0) REALLY!!!!!  So I looked at her and said let's brake this down.  So if we released toxins ie. a bad thing, how in turn is that going to release a good thing.  That would be like saying we should have had a party during the last big oil spill!  I told her let's re-frame this. You had trapped and inflamed nerves that after being released where allowed to give you better health by not sending pain signal to your brain.  As we realign your spine you are going to notice that your overall health is going to improve and you are going to have less and less symptoms because your are allowing your body to express health through a perfectly working nervous system!  She liked my explanation better than her dates!  I am happy to report there will be no second date! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment